AFX 22031 MEGA G+ FORD GT40 MK | Pinnacle Hobby
If you look closely, you’ll see three anomalies, first is a paint scuff that was verified using several documented photos of the car during the race.
Second was the discolored and oddly shaped roundel. A friend to the team at the time gave the information about the roundels. Made from a special 3M material, they were significantly more reflective allowing for higher visibility during pit stops. However, the material was so rigid that they had to attach it with pop-rivets (the silver dots around the roundels).
Lastly, the silver mark across the door handle. This story came to us straight from Carrol Shelby himself. The door handle on the left side of the car was lifting during the race at speeds well over 100mph. In an effort to keep the car door in place the team duct taped the handle. It worked!
- The FN20 Advanced Power Unit is lighter, smoother, quieter, more consistent and uses 33% less energy than Mega-G
- Up to 35% lighter than any other HO chassis, 5% lighter than Mega-G
- Narrowest, lowest chassis ever made for more realistic bodies
- Pick-Up Shoes are stronger, follows rail better for consistent power
- Lowest center of gravity of all competitors to corner with confidence
- AFX Exclusive Extra-long tapered guide pin keeps the car on track longer
- Level 30 Neodymium Ground Effects Magnets keeps cars glued to the track
- Super durable Nylatron has just enough flex
- High carbon power unit brushes last longer than composite brushes
- New Redundant Power Transfer System maintains consistent power supply to motor for improved durability and drivability
Mega G+ Chassis
The Mega G+ chassis doesn’t just go faster or handle better than the competition. And it doesn’t just have the ultra-low, narrow dimensions of the original Mega G to continue the reign of the most realistic HO cars on earth. It’s smoother, more consistent, and more intuitive than any car AFX has ever built.
Mega G+ Race System
Made up of the Mega G+ Chassis, AFX120 Controllers and Exclusive Tri-Power Pack, the Mega G+ Race System is the perfect balance of grip and speed. With decades of slot car innovation and over a year of experimentation, this is the best out of the box slot car system you can buy.